Last updated on 03 February 2020
The TF1 Group may amend at any time and without notice some or all of the present policy relating to cookies on services published by TF1 Group companies, subject to specific notification.
When you browse the TF1 Group website, cookies are placed on the device (PC, smartphone or tablet) that you are using. We use these cookies for various purposes including compiling statistics and audience metrics; personalising the content we offer you, and sharing that content on social networks; and showing you personalised advertising that aligns on your interests.
“Publisher(s)”, “we” or “us”: refers to:
- : refers to TF1 SA, a Société Anonyme [limited company] with share capital of €42,048,414, registered number RCS Nanterre 326 300 159, registered office 1 quai du Point du Jour - 92100 Boulogne Billancourt – France, which publishes the TF1 Group Service.
TF1 is part of the TF1 Group.
“Processor: refers to any company that processes Personal Data or Browsing Data on behalf of and in accordance with the instructions of a TF1 Group company.
Third Party Social Network Publishers”: refers to publishers of social networks that may place cookies for the purposes of sharing via social networks.
“Unauthorised Third Party”: refers to any company that has not entered into a data sharing contract or data protection agreement with a TF1 Group company and which is not authorised to place cookies on the Service(s).
“: refers to the websites and applications of the following services:
- TF1 Group, accessible at the address www.groupe-tf1.fr and published by TF1.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Broadly speaking, cookies include all the non-executable text files, trackers, web beacons and other technologies used to collect information about how you browse and interact with our Service, which subject to your consent are placed on the browser used by your device (PC, tablet, smartphone) by the Publisher, our Processors and Third Party Social Network Publishers when you continue to browse our Service (hereinafter “Cookies”). The information contained in Cookies can only be read and/or modified by their issuer.
What browsing data do cookies collect?
Cookies can collect all the data relating to a device at a specific moment in time, even if we do not know directly which device you are using or who you are, including:
- identification and content of Cookies stored on your device by TF1 Group companies, our Processors or Third Party Social Network Publishers;
- the IP address of the device connected to the Service(s), which also qualifies as Personal Data;
- the date, time and duration of a connection between a device and an item in the Service;
- the web address of the referrer page on the device used to access the Service;
- the device’s operating system (e.g. Windows, MacOs, Linux, Unix, etc.);
- the type and version of the browser software used by the device (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera, etc.);
- the brand and model of the smartphone or tablet;
- possible downloading errors;
- language settings of the browser software used by the device;
- the characteristics of content viewed and shared;
(hereinafter the “Browsing Data”).
- generally, to enable you to browse and view our website, and to adapt the content and display features of our Service to suit your device, so that we can improve your browsing experience and optimise our website;
- to compile statistics and audience metrics relating to traffic on our website;
- to enable you to share on social networks;
- to make sure our Service is secure by detecting/tracking any attempt at computer abuse or hacking;
- to meet our legal obligations, respond to any requests from third parties with legal authority to request us to disclose the browsing data and/or personal data of users of our Service.
WHO PLACES COOKIES?
Subject to your consent and to the settings on your device (PC, tablet, smartphone, etc.) and/or your browser, Cookies may be placed when you access our Service by:
- the Publisher of the Service;
- Processors of the TF1 Group, i.e. providers of technical services who process your browsing data on behalf of TF1 Group entities, within the meaning of Article 28 of the GDPR;
- Third Party Social Network Publishers, i.e. companies such as Facebook, Twitter, etc., who may place cookies to enable sharing on social networks;
HOW LONG are COOKIES kept FOR?
Cookies placed by the Publisher and our Processors, and the Browsing Data collected, are kept for a maximum period of thirteen (13) months from the date they are placed on your device. After the end of that period, your consent must be obtained again.
- TYPES OF COOKIES THAT MAY BE PLACED
1 - Strictly necessary Cookies
Technical Cookies, such as those that provide functionality and security, are strictly necessary for the Service to operate correctly and securely, and cannot be disabled. Technical Cookies may be placed by the Publisher or by our Processors.
For example, technical Cookies enable you to:
- access your browser and/or device settings for display resolution, language, security, etc;
- browse more easily so as to optimise your user experience;
- read audio and video content on our Service.
- Cookies for audience metrics and analytics:
TF1 Group companies and our Processors may place audience metrics Cookies in order to compile statistics on the number of visits, and on how our Service is used and is performing.
- Cookies for the purpose of sharing on social networks:
Subject to your consent and your browser settings, Cookies may be placed on your device (PC, tablet, smartphone, etc.) by Third Party Social Network Publishers to enable them to track your browsing activity on our Service, in particular when your account on a social network is open while you are browsing.
- MANAGING COOKIES
A) ACCEPTING COOKIES
Placing a Cookie for the purposes of audience metrics or sharing on social networks requires your prior consent.
We hereby inform you that by continuing to browse our Service, in particular by taking action such as clicking on an item within the Service (image, link, search button), you consent to Cookies being placed on your device by us, our Processors and Third Party Social Network Publishers, for the purposes determined above.
B) REFUSING COOKIES
You may at any time refuse to accept a specific Cookie being placed for the purposes of audience metrics or sharing on social networks:
- directly in your browser; or
- by refusing a specific cookie. To do this, please refer to the list of Cookies in the appendix.
However, refusing to accept some or all Cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the functionalities of our Service. We therefore disclaim any liability for the consequences of any malfunction of our Service arising from our inability to record or consult strictly necessary Cookies that you have refused or deleted.
There are various ways in which you can disable Cookies, including:
- Your device or browser settings
Web browser settings:
To help you change your settings, you can use the help page specific to your browser:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gbr/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Microsoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
- Safari Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Safari iPhone / iPad: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enhanced-tracking-protection-firefox-desktop?as=u&utm_source=inproduct
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
Some browsers also offer a “Do Not Track” option.
- Refusing Cookies from Unauthorised Third Parties
You can go to http://www.youronlinechoices.coma website set up by the European Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA), to accept or reject Cookies used by companies registered on the website when you visit their services.
Appendix – Cookies placed on the TF1 Group service
Audience metrics and statistics
Sharing on social networks
Sharing on social networks
Sharing on social networks