Leading French production and distribution group Newen has today unveiled a new brand and structure which brings together the commercial activities of its various distribution entities - Newen Distribution, TF1 Studio and Reel One International. The new organisation, Newen Connect, will be led by Rodolphe Buet, Chief Distribution Officer, managed by Romain Bessi, Newen Managing Director.
With more than 5,500 hours of programmes and 1,000 films in its catalogue, Newen Connect is a major player in the global distribution of audiovisual content. Through its broad multi-genre catalogue, the brand is able to meet the expectations of all local and global partners.
Newen Connect will help to drive Newen’s growth strategy in a number of ways :
- Being proactive across all distribution and operating models to speed up access to the company’s high quality programming worldwide;
- Working with all the players in suitable models to optimize funding and resources provided to our new productions;
- Offering its services both to the group's production companies and to third party producers and creators;
- Helping to share best practices across its feature film and TV businesses.
The Newen Connect team, made up of over 20 sales executives located in Paris, London, Montreal, New York and Buenos Aires, will be organized by expertise:
• Rodolphe Buet will temporarily head the sales team in charge of all the group's fiction, documentary, unscripted content and format sales worldwide, including those of Newen in France. A new head of sales will be appointed in the coming weeks.
• Sabine Chemaly will manage international film sales and marketing.
• Coralie Chave will develop the exploitation of TF1 DA rights and the trade of TF1’s antenna rights in France and all French-speaking territories.
• Sébastien Battro will oversee the distribution of Reel One TV movies under Tom Berry’s responsibility (CEO of Reel One).
• Karine Atlan (Paris) and Dominic Schreiber (London) will manage "acquisition and co-production" activities.
Rodolphe Buet, Chief Distribution Officer, commented: "Newen Connect has a strong base in France and well-known international expertise. The goal we are focused on is to connect our talents with broadcasters and platforms around the world so that their stories can exist and be shared on every screen. Newen Connect has all the assets to meet these challenges, including the ability to offer creative financing methods and innovative marketing and distribution approaches; but above all, Newen Connect is lucky to have an incredibly talented and passionate team.”